" Let's Make India Best "
( Become a member of BEST – Blood Donors Group (BBDG) and save someone’s Life. )( BBDG)
By donating blood the iron stores in the body are maintained at healthy levels. A reduction in the iron level in the body is linked with low cancer risk. Healthy Heart and Liver: Blood Donation is beneficial in reducing the risk of heart and liver ailments caused by the iron overload in the body
• Blood donation is a simple, four-step process: registration, medical history and mini-physical, donation and refreshments. It is a safe process, and a sterile needle is used only once for each donor and then discarded.
• The actual blood donation typically takes less than 10-12 minutes. The entire process, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, takes about an hour and 15 minutes.
• The average adult has about 10 pints of blood in his body. Roughly one pint is given during a donation.
• A healthy donor may donate red blood cells every 56 days, or double red cells every 112 days. There are four types of transfusable products that can be derived from blood: red cells, platelets, plasma and cryoprecipitate. Typically, two or three of these are produced from a pint of donated whole blood — hence each donation can help save more than one life.
• Half of BBDG blood donors are male, and half are female.
• The BBDGaccepts blood donations only from volunteer donors. Among BBDG donors in a given year, 19 percent donate occasionally, 31 percent are first-time donors and 50 percent are regular, loyal donors.
BEST Serves the Society irrespective of class, creed or religion and motivates the younger generations to render service to the down trodden and under privileged in the society.
• You don’t need a special reason to give blood; you just need your own reason. Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend. Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood someday. Some believe it is the right thing we do.
• The number one reason donors say they give blood is because they “want to help others.”
• Whatever your reason, the need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped to save a life.
( Here is a list of BEST – Blood Donors Group (BBDG) members who are ready to donate as per the emergency or requirement: )